2013 – What I’ll Be Offering This Year at this Blog January 7, 2013Posted by rwf1954 in books compared to movies, books into movies, fusion jazz, historical fiction, Issa, Issa Legend, medieval period, movies based on books, music, music commentary, mystic jazz, Richard the Lionheart, Richard Warren Field, Saladin, the crusades, The Swords of Faith, third crusade, writers.
Tags: books compared to movies, books into movies, Crusades, fusion jazz, historical fiction, Issa, Issa legend, movies based on books, music, music commentary, mystic jazz, Richard the Lionheart, Richard Warren Field, Saladin, Third Crusade, writing
2012 was a year of many posts here at CreativeEccentric, living up to the impulsive name I gave to my blog in 2010. My 820th Anniversary “Third Crusade” series, pertaining to my award-winning novel The Swords of Faith, came to its conclusion, followed by a bonus Christmas post. (There will be two more intriguing bonus 820th Anniversary posts coming up early in 2013—stay tuned.) My monthly posts on the selections from my “Issa Music” CD also concluded with my recent January 1st post on Track 13, “West Meets East” (the final track on the CD). My series on the nature of music and music’s possible link between to physics and metaphysics is coming to its conclusion—I ended up with a lot more posts on this that I had foreseen. (Here’s a link to the most recent post on this subject, which has links to all the previous posts.) 2013, I suspect, will be a year of fewer posts. But with traffic multiplying as the posts multiply, readers can be assured I will continue posting on popular topics for the foreseeable future:
- Books-Into-Movies posts will continue—they are among the most popular pages here. There are two coming up in January—on “Anna Karenina” and on “Lincoln.” I will pick and choose these as they strike me. They may pertain to upcoming movies (and television miniseries), or to past classic movies. They will usually have a historical aspect to them.
- I will be posting commentaries about books written by authors I know. This will expose my readers to books they may not have heard of anywhere else, but may very well enjoy.
- I will be producing one, maybe two CDs in 2013. This will lead to posts about music (in addition to my concluding posts on the nature of music).
Beyond that, there is always the unexpected. Anyone who has been with me over the last the 2½ years of this blog will attest to that!
I hope everyone has a happy and productive new year and enjoys what I have to offer here, and through other creative outlets.
Previous “Personal Notes” Posts:
- August 24, 2012 – CADD™: A Personal Confession
- Janury 1, 2012 – 2012 – Personal Notes: What I’m Offering This Year at this Blog, and Elsewhere
- July 19, 2011 – The Sultan and the Khan: A Progress Report
- June 22, 2011 – Dying to Heal, a Novel: A Personal Note
- January 1, 2011 – Personal Notes About the New Year
- October 26, 2010 – Some Personal Notes
- October 9, 2010 – Opportunity in Adversity: A Personal Note
- July 2, 2010 – Final Thoughts Before The Swords of Faith Release
- June 4, 2010 – Another Creative Eccentric Strikes the Blogosphere